I have lots of “bests” according to what your child’s interests are but here is a start:
- Go! Go! Smart Friends Enchanted Princess Palace by VTech. Shhh, don’t tell but this going to be our 3 1/2 hear-old’s WOW present for Christmas. Not just for girls, I’m sure her twin brother will love it too based on all the fun they continue to have with Nora an Dawn and the Go! Go!v Smart Friends House. VTech is very intentional about designing toys that inspire talking and interacting, encouraging language development and creative play. They have a panel of experts, including an Early Childhood Language and Reading Expert and they are one of the leaders in the toy industry at calling out language skill building in their products. Care for Me Learning Carrier by VTech is another favorite as kids love to care for pretend pets and this little puppy comes with all the accessories for pretend play and even packs up into his carrier!
- Brio Countryside Horse Set by Brio provides a wonderful opportunity to add some language learning to train lovers. Brio has added creative play set dimensions to their tracks and trains so you can hop off at the barn, ride Sky the horse, feed her some hay and even give her a shower before boarding the train again.
- Alex Toys Little Hands Ready! Set! sets provide so much fun for the crafty preschooler. Many have 8 different “projects” as my preschoolers call them from learning about and making dinosaurs to sewing and learning how our bodies work.
- Fire Station Train Set by BigJig Toys Ltd. For your train lover, how fun is a fire house with railway access on two levels, making fire fighting and rescuing speedy and exciting? Combining high interest kid themes of a fire station and train, Bigjigs Toys has included just the right accessories to expand creative play in several directions of story telling–ladder rescue, road signs, water tank and fire truck.
- Large African Safari by Playmobil. This set has all the components for multi-themed creative play–an airplane and pilot, zoomobile with luggage holds, ranger and jeep pulling a trailer and many animals. Our little ones who love vehicles couldn’t get enough of this toy.
Stay tuned for more great gift ideas. I’ll keep blogging:)